How to Choose the Right Material for your New Kitchen Countertop in Toronto
If you want to build your dream kitchen countertop in Toronto, the important decision to make is what material to use. Toronto has over 300 kitchen countertop manufacturers that produce countertops from wide variety of materials. Granite and marble are two famous and most popular materials that a lot of homeowners choose for their new kitchen countertop in Toronto. House luxury will not be complete without either one of these natural stones. But, choosing between granite countertops and marble countertops becomes a tough decision for some. The following information can guide you through the selection process.Factors to Consider Prior to Purchasing Your Kitchen Countertop in Toronto
- - Marble is a natural stone resulting from the metamorphosis of sedimentary carbonate rocks like dolomite and limestone. Granite, on the other hand, is a kind of igneous rock created from magma.
- - Marble is available with a very wide variety of colors from light to dark. Granite is related to quartz, silicon, mica, feldspar and other minerals with array of patterns and colors.
- - Their mineral make-up is what sets them apart because marble is more porous hence it is more susceptible to scratching and etching than granite.
- - Granite can resist heat from cookware while marble countertops scald when exposed to heat.
- - Both of them are porous and are susceptible to staining, but granite countertops stand a much better chance against it if you use it as kitchen countertop.
There is a wide range of sealants available for application upon installation to avoid staining. This should be done regularly every six months for marble and 1-3 years for granite. The porosity of these natural stones also depends on the color. For denser darker stones, resealing may not be needed. Homeowners should also use the right cleaning agents for natural stone countertops to extend lifespan of the original seal and to make sure that your countertop will stay elegant for long periods of time. You should not use harsh cleaners as this would decrease the lifespan of the sealers.
If you want to install a beautiful natural stone kitchen countertop in your Toronto home, granite is a much better option especially if the kitchen countertop will be used for constant preparation and cooking of food. However, a marble countertop is a viable option in areas of lighter usage, especially for vanities and bathroom installations.
Call Stonecraft Canada for Your New Kitchen Countertop in Toronto
There are a lot of factors that affect the price of natural stone countertops including finish, availability of material, color and location. When you start thinking about getting a new kitchen countertop in Toronto, make sure to contact Stonecraft Canada to have a better understanding of material selection. The selection process should be done in person and not through small samples or pictures, so you can truly appreciate the beauty of each slab. Natural stone slabs differ greatly from each other and no two will be exactly the same. This is what makes them unique and appealing. Make sure to visit the Stonecraft Canada showroom so you can choose the stone slab that better suits your kitchen design and renovation budget.